Describe the main differences between heterogenous vs homogenous mixtures. (Include the number of phase each has and other characteristics of each.) What were the examples in the reading? Write the NAME of the card and your Answer in the Chart Below.
Organic Molecules Worksheet: Review. Read through eac ... 7. What is a polymer? . - ?, .< ".., .. -- ..!.(- - i,% 4 ...-L. L.:.,. The last common characteristic of atl organic molecules is that their form determines their function. That means that ..
How are organic molecules relaTed To all living Things? 2. Name four caTegories of organic molecules which form The basis of all living Things: a. b. c. d.. Organic molecules have four common characTerisTics. FirsT, They are all carbon based, meaning
Directions: Answer as much as you can without using notes, etc. ... WS is for a basic review and does not include every topic/section covered. Life Characteristics (1.1 - 1.2). 1. List the traits/characteristics that all of life share and a brief exp
functions. @y=csc;r @y=cotr. @ y == sees: 16. y = logm(1:) i. For exercises 1 9â24: Each function has a split formula. Graph each func- tion and determine whether the function has a jump discontinuity. For exercises 25â40: For each rational funct
Ecology Review Worksheet- KEY. 1. Place the levels of ecology organization inside the correct circles ... Food chain 1 There are various answers. There are three trophic levels in this food chain. (producer) (primary ... Ecology Review Worksheet â
Ill. Fractions to Decimals using long division. O, d \5 .82. 8 A 8 6 8. \ 2 2. 8 Y 2. 9. O. IV. Adding & Subtracteg integers. Convert each subtraction problem to addition. 1. -6+8 = 2 4. 3 + (-3) = O. 2. 5 - (-4) = a 5. 15-(-3) = \s. 5 -A 5 A3. 3. 2+
h. equilibrium. _____ The diffusion of water through a cell membrane ... This diagram is moving from a high to a low concentration: 6. Using a ... a. Water will flow ...
This is made by mitochondria & is needed in great supply for muscle contraction to take place? ______. 8. Define the following terms: ... 10. Explain the causes of muscular atrophy and muscular hypertrophy. ... A nerve impulse or action potential, re
6) Maxwell has lost a lot of blood and needs a transfusion. Doctors at the hospital have identified that he has A- blood type, which means he also has B and Rh antibodies in his plasma. Circle blood types he can safely receive? A+ A- B+ B- AB+ AB- O+
Organic Molecules Worksheet: Review. Read through each section and answer the following questions. Organic molecules are the molecules which exist in all living things. They are life's building blocks. All things are formed from these organic molecul
Part 1 - Find the discriminant of each quadratic equation then state the number and type of solutions. How does this connect to the graph? 1) 8n2 â 8 = 0. 2) â6b2 + 7b + 5 = 0. Part 2 - Solve each equation by factoring. 3) x2 = 5x + 6. 4) a2 â
Directions: IN PENCIL ONLY answer the following questions and complete the Punnett Squares and Pedigree Charts. ... They have three children: Mfg?â (who has PKU), Cody 1thth and Asort (hlmy). Complete the ... Complete the Punnett square between Mar
Organic Molecules Worksheet: Review. Read through each section and answer the following questions. Organic ... function. That means that their shape determines how they will behave and how they will react with other molecules. For example, the order
Ch3 Review Worksheet. Determine whether each equation is a linear equation. Write yes or no ... Solve each equation by graphing. Verify your answer algebraically. 16. 2x â 5 = â3 + 2x. 17. â3x + 2 = ... Write a direct variation equation that re
Worksheet ~ Review Chapter 16. (DO. 10. ll. Name. Periodw. Date . Copper metal has a speciï¬c heat of 0.385 1/ g X 0C and a melting point of 1083Â°C. Calculate the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 22.8 g of copper from 200Â°C to 8
tRNA. Molecule full name. Deoxyribonucleic acid. Name of sugar. Ribose. Nitrogen. Bases. Present. Adenine, Uracil,. Guanine, Cytosine. Function. Stores genetic information. 10. For each statement write DNA, mRNA, or tRNA: ______ Holds the original co
This is made by mitochondria & is needed in great supply for muscle contraction to take place? ATPâ;. 5ttoiotnih'luuln ... Explain the causes of muscular atrophy and muscular hypertrophy. \) g Â¢+nphq= wns+tng ... A nerve impulse or action potentia
Chapter 5. Glencoe Algebra 2. Chapter 5 Review Worksheet ... Estimate the x- coordinate at which the relative maxima and minima occur. 1. f(x) = â 3x + 1.
Thermochemistry Review Worksheet. 1.Definitions: -Endothermic: -Exotherrnic: -Enthalpy: -LaW of Conservation of Energy. -Heat of Reaction: -Heat of Fusion. âSpeciï¬c Heat. 2. Explain Why water is used in a calorimeter? What unique properties does
Need for chemical energy â organisms are categorized as being heterotrophs or autotrophs. c. Response to ... Because at the equator there is less seasonal climate change (constantly warm year round) and because ... The city of Los Angeles wants to
Evolution Unit Review Worksheet. Directions: Treat this like a test and ... What do scientists call the process of biological change, by which descendants come to differ from their ancestors? Evolution. 2. A horse and a ... The difference in the phys
Worksheet: Chemical Equations Review. Name: Date:______. Period:_____. Sections 1: Identify the type of reaction. For the following reactions, indicate whether the following are examples of synthesis, decomposition, combustion, single displacement, o
5:1 l i o i tâ "Elï¬n at. its as can"an (it it?" lw
INFERENCE REVIEW WORKSHEET #1 MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question. 1) How many degrees of freedom are there for a chi -square test of independence based on a table with five rows and six columns? A) 24 B) 4 C) 5 D) 20 E) 30 SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question. 2) Carnivores A random sample of some of the heaviest carnivores on Earth was reviewed to determine if there is an association between the length (in meters) and weight (in kilograms) of these carnivores. Here are the scatterplot, the residuals plot, a histogram of the residuals, and the regression analysis of the data. Use this information to analyze the association between the length and weight of these carnivores.
a. Is there an association? Write appropriate hypotheses. b. Are the assumptions for regression satisfied? Explain. c. What do you conclude? d. Create a 98% confidence interval for the true slope. e. Explain in context what your interval means. 3) Peanut M&Ms According to the Mars Candy Company, peanut M&Mʹs are 12% brown, 15% yellow, 12% red, 23% blue, 23% orange, and 15% green. On a Saturday when you have run out of statistics homework, you decide to test this claim. You purchase a medium bag of peanut M&Mʹs and find 39 browns, 44 yellows, 36 red, 78 blue, 73 orange, and 48 greens. Test an appropriate hypothesis and state your conclusion.
4) Voter registration A random sample of 337 college students was asked whether or not they were registered to vote. We wonder if there is an association between a studentʹs sex and whether the student is registered to vote. The data are provided in the table below (expected counts are in parentheses). (All the conditions are satisfied - donʹt worry about checking them.)
The calculated statistic is χ 2 = 0.249. a. Write appropriate hypotheses. b. Suppose the expected values had not been given. Show exactly how to calculate the expected number of men who are registered to vote. c. Show how to calculate the component of χ 2 for the first cell. d. How many degrees of freedom are there? e. Find the P-value for this test. f. State your complete conclusion in context. MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question. 5) How many degrees of freedom are there for regression inference with 28 data values? A) 27 B) 56 C) 26 D) 54 E) 28
6) We randomly divide 200 volunteers with headaches into two groups who take identical -looking pills. One group gets a homeopathic remedy and the other a placebo. After 20 minutes we ask them to rate their headache pain as ʺno changeʺ, ʺsomewhat betterʺ, ʺmuch betterʺ, or ʺgoneʺ. What is the appropriate test? A) χ 2 test of homogeneity
B) χ 2 test of independence C) 2-proportion z-test D) 2-sample t-test E) matched pairs t-test 7) Itʹs common for a movieʹs ticket sales to open high for the first couple of weeks, then gradually taper off as time passes. Hoping to be able to better understand how quickly sales decline, an industry analyst keeps track of box office revenues for a new film over its first 20 weeks. What inference method might provide useful insight? A) t-test for linear regression B) t-Interval for slope C) 1-proportion z-test D) t-Interval for a mean E) χ 2 goodness-of-fit test
8) Several volunteers engage in a special exercise program intended to lower their blood pressure. We measure each personʹs initial blood pressure, lead them through the exercises daily for a month, then check blood pressures again. To see if the program lowered blood pressure significantly we should do a A) matched pairs t-test B) χ 2 test of homogeneity
C) linear regression t-test D) χ 2 goodness-of-fit test E) 2-sample t-test 9) Suppose that after the study described in #5 we want to see if thereʹs evidence that the exercise programʹs effectiveness in lowering blood pressure depends on how high the personʹs initial blood pressure was. We should do a A) 2-sample t-test B) matched pairs t-test C) χ 2 test of independence D) linear regression t-test E) χ 2 goodness-of-fit test
SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question. 10) Height and weight Is the height of a man related to his weight? The regression analysis from a sample of 26 men is shown. (Show work. Donʹt write hypotheses. Assume the assumptions for inference were satisfied.)
a. How many degrees of freedom? b. What is the value of the t statistic? c. What is the P-value? d. State your conclusion in context.
Answer Key Testname: INFERENCE REVIEW WORKSHEET 1
1) D 2) a. H0 : There is no association between the length and weight of these carnivores. HA: There is an association between the length and weight of these carnivores. b. Conditions: *Straight enough: There is no obvious bend in the scatterplot of the data or in the plot of residuals against predicted values. *Independence: The residuals look random. *Does the plot thicken?: The residuals plot shows no disturbing changes in the spread about the line. *Nearly Normal: A histogram of the residuals does not deviate too much from being unimodal and symmetric. c. The P-value is very small, so we reject the null hypothesis. There is strong evidence of an association between carnivore length and weight. d. A 98% confidence interval for β1 is: β1 ± t*7 × SE(b1 ) = 485.21 ± 2.998(90.63) or (213.5, 756.9) kilograms. e. We are 98% confident that the weight of a heavy carnivore will be higher, on average, between 213.5 and 756.9 kilograms for each additional meter in length. 3) We want to know if the distribution of colors in the bag matches the distribution stated by the Mars Candy Company. H0 : The distribution of colors in the bag matches the distribution stated by the Mars Candy Company. HA: The distribution of colors in the bag does not match the distribution stated by the Mars Candy Company. Conditions: *Counted data: We have the counts of the number of peanut M&Ms of each color. *Randomization: We will assume that each bag of peanut M&Ms represents a random sample of peanut M&Ms. *Expected cell frequency: There are a total of 318 peanut M&Ms. The smallest percentage of any particular color is 12% (brown and red), and we expect 318(0.12) = 38.16. Since the smallest expected count exceeds 5, all expected counts will exceed 5, so the condition is satisfied. Under these conditions, the sampling distribution of the test statistic is χ 2 with 6 - 1 = 5 degrees of freedom, and we will perform a chi-square goodness-of-fit test.
(Obs - Exp)2 (39 - 38.16)2 (44 - 47.7)2 χ 2 = ∑ + +... = 0.7528 = 38.16 Exp 47.7 P-value = P(χ 2 > 0.7528) = 0.980 A P-value this large says that if the distribution of colors in the bag matches the distribution stated by the Mars Candy Company, an observed chi-square value of 0.7528 would happen about 98% of the time. Thus, we fail to reject the null hypothesis. These data do not show evidence that the distribution of colors in the bag does not match the distribution stated by the Mars Candy Company. 4) a. H0 : Voter registration is independent of a studentʹs sex. HA: There is an association between voter registration and a studentʹs sex. b. c.
251 137 = 102 337
(104 - 102)2 102
d. df = (2 - 1)(2 - 1) = 1 e. 0.618 f. Since the P-value of 0.618 is high, we fail to reject the null hypothesis. There is no evidence of an association between a studentʹs sex and whether the student is registered to vote. 5
Answer Key Testname: INFERENCE REVIEW WORKSHEET 1
5) C 6) A 7) B 8) A 9) D 10) a. df = 26 - 2 = 24 8.737 b. t = = 6.659 1.312 c. The P-value is 2 × P (t*24 > 6.659) < 0.0001. d. The P-value is very small, so we reject the null hypothesis. There is strong evidence that, on average, menʹs weights are about 8.7 pounds higher for each additional inch in height.