Sep 10, 2015 - This legislative body conducts business under the meeting requirements of .... We have added a new Computer Repair class, adding to the ... attempt to coach people on what they could possibly be asked at their interview.
Jun 9, 2016 - Career Technical Education (CTE) Incentive Grant Memorandum of Understanding d. Update â 16-17 Joint Powers Authority Agreements between ASCIP and each charter e. One-time buy back of Sick Time Balances affecting all staff f. Interim
Dec 15, 2015 - (membership expiry, press passes, etc) and otherwise mention names when appropriate. â Date of AGM is Jan. 31st to pass bylaws, elect regional reps in BC and Prairies, survey results. â Leslie to talk to Marco and Penney for the El
(a) Paul Verchinski, Oakland Mills, asked that he and Rusty Toler be able join tonight's PSC discussion of the ... easement along Little Patuxent Parkway for a traffic light near the Whole Foods site. 7. CHAIRMAN'S ... Mr. Hekimian's request that all
Oct 17, 2016 - Also present was Mayor Herndon and Interim City Administrator Charles Swann. .... License for Herrings GFY, LLC, dba 43 Prime Steakhouse.
May 20, 2015 - order by President Hamilton at 7:00 p.m., at Lime Street Park Community Center, located at. 16292 Lime Street .... the Golf Course has had a full tournament since the District took over operations. â¢ Tree removal with Pilot Rock and
Jon Barton: will be unavailable from Dec.4-9. Cully wanted to know who/what Trane is. Trane manufactures HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning) systems and they do free energy audits. They were picked to do a CCUSD energy audit. They are pa
Aug 7, 2013 - John Haeger. Julie Pastrick. Board Members Present Via Conference Line. Craig Barrett. Victor Smith. Dr. Ann Hart. Judy Wood. Board Members Not Present. Jerry Colangelo, Co-Chair ... at enhancing rural infrastructure, supporting the ACA
Sep 15, 2010 - Chairman Woodling called the Executive Session to order at 9 a.m. Roll Call indicated a quorum was present. ... to the Consent Agenda at the Board's office: 1300 W. Washington, Suite 104,. Phoenix, Arizona. 1. .... Bridge and ASP â a
May 25, 2017 - GoToWebinar. 1. Nora will handle GoToWebinar v. Slides. 1. Ethan will make the slides vi. Minute taker. 1. Nora/Michelle vii. Add to agenda: 1. Presentation on Ontario Workplace review a. Ethan will ask OFL if they can send a presenter
Jun 2, 2011 - ceremonies and the College of Public Health graduated its first class. Among other recent ... President Lefton noted that the Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society named Kent State as the .... WHEREAS, the establishment of a legal
BORDENTOWN TOWNSHIP. ENVIRONMENTAL COMMISSION. MEETING MINUTES. March 21, 2017. MEMBER. TITLE. PRESENT ABSENT. Roger A. Plew. Chair. X. Martha Velselka. Vice- ... Update on Free Tree Seedlings from the State: We will receive 200 seedlings of two vari
Dec 4, 2014 - Executive Leadership Team: Don Thompson, QC, Executive Director and CEO. Elizabeth Osler, Deputy Executive Director and. Director, Regulation .... The Board's discussion and suggestions included the following: ... organization and the B
May 31, 2017 - The Board reconvened for the business portion of the meeting at 1:30 p.m. in the Urban. Conference Room of ..... establishment of one new major, the Athletic Training major within the Master of Science degree ..... rate was requested f
Apr 19, 2016 - In compliance with the open Public Meetings Act, this is to announce that adequate ... a lot of prep work with the garden including tilling of rye.
Oct 20, 2014 - In compliance with the open Public Meetings Act, this is to announce that ... us on the Butterfly/Native Plant Garden at the H.S. The Pinelands.
Sep 15, 2015 - John Sargent. X ... Two tables will be provided for the EC and Green Team at ... Gift cards have been purchased as prizes for the Green Team.
Nov 15, 2016 - changes. -.Ann M. and Janet shared the issues with the current ... Ann M. wanted the follow statement in the notes. âShe ... Dan Burns (CA).
Mar 16, 2016 - We will be preparing an RFQ for an architect. 8.0 Projects/Staff Update. â¢ CSR projects. â¢ Dismantling the two story modular at Freeport. It will be ...
percent of our students are judged on track to be ready for college in math and 40.5 ... The LSAT Committee will discuss PARCC results at its next meeting ...
A vote was called for Mr. Chidley as Chairman of the Board for 2016. ... PB-2015-0092 ... over the entire day resulting in a total of 25- 30 trucks per day maximum during .... The Planning board and applicant agreed that December 31, 2016 all ...
Government Services, of conducting the annual budget examination, and .... Mr. Pfeffer stated that we need to stop robbing the surplus. Mr. Morrow stated that ... McCabe asked why the Police Salary and Wage line item has increased from 1.3.
Jun 14, 2018 - Timothy Fairlie, Class IV. Eugene Grybowski, Class IV ... VOADV PROPERTY INC. Applicant is seeking to construct 2 Affordable Housing.
discussion was held concerning fingerprinting members. Chief Nucera ... fingerprinting and described what it entails. Further ... Mr. Bancroft arrived at 8:30 ...
OMAHA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING MINUTES Wednesday, March 21, 2018 @ 5:00 P.M. South Omaha Library – 2808 Q Street CALL TO ORDER The Omaha Public Library Board of Trustees met on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at the South Omaha Library, 2808 Q Street (Omaha). President Wang called the meeting to order at 5:07 P.M. Jenna L. Garcia, Recording Secretary, took the Roll Call: PRESENT:
Mike Kennedy Ervin Portis, Vice President Cecelia Creighton Carol Wang, President Laura Marlane, Executive Director, Omaha Public Library (Non-voting)
Caitlin Davis, Secretary-Treasurer Michele Frost Keith Lutz Adrian Suarez-Delgado Jesse Sullivan
President Wang stated that there were not enough Board members present for a quorum; therefore, no motions or voting will be occur until a quorum is recognized. Meeting convened with Reports only. CERTIFICATION OF PUBLICATION – NOTIFICATION OF OPEN MEETING ACT President Wang state that the meeting is held in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meetings Act, a copy of which is posted in the room. The Library certified publication of the meeting in the Daily Record, the Official Newspaper of the City of Omaha, on March 14, 2018. BRANCH REPORT 3. South Omaha Library – Marvel Maring (Branch Manager) Marvel Maring welcomed and thanked everyone for coming to the South Omaha Library. Ms. Maring gave a brief overview of the Branch and highlighted the recent work completed. CONSENT AGENDA 4. Approval of Minutes – February 21, 2018 Due to the lack of a quorum, this item will be taken up at the next Regular Meeting on Wednesday, April 18, 2018. RESOLUTIONS 5. Approval of Addendum to Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Douglas County Due to the lack of a quorum (and urgency), this item will be taken up at a Special Meeting (date/time to be determined).
Approval to grant Executive Director authority to negotiate agreement on property for southwest branch
Due to the lack of a quorum, this item will be taken up at the next Regular Meeting on Wednesday, April 18, 2018. STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS 7. Finance Committee (Suarez-Delgado [Chair], Portis, Sullivan) Portis stated that he had nothing to report. The Finance Committee has met twice now to discuss the numbers for opening up a new facility. 8.
Kennedy stated that the Facilities Committee met a couple of weeks prior at the Keith Lutz Horizon High School to look at the possibility of building on the site. A site plan was put together by Millard Public Schools, and Dr. Suftin of Millard Public Schools presented a slide show of some of the advantages of colocating on the property. Kennedy stated that Millard Public Schools is willing to extend a 50 year lease to Omaha Public Library as long as they were able to have access to OPL’s classrooms. The Committee has not finalized a location for the new branch; thus, the Committee has put forth a Resolution asking that the Board give Ms. Marlane the authority to negotiate any agreement on property for the southwest branch. Portis asked if a traffic study has been done for the property, and also asked if the potential property is within the City of Omaha city limits. President Wang asked Michelle Peters, City of Omaha Law Department, whether or not the Board had to approve a Resolution for Ms. Marlane to participate in negotiations. Ms. Peters stated that State Statutes indicate that the Board is authorized to purchase and lease land. This Resolution would be granting the authority to Ms. Marlane to negotiate. Ms. Peters continued that this Resolution would not hurt anything, as there is a fine line between negotiating and discussing. 9.
Community Engagement Committee (Wang [Chair], Creighton, Frost)
President Wang stated that herself and Ms. Marlane spoke to the County Commissioners the day prior to present the Master Facilities Plan and open up the lines of communication. They stated that the Commissioners were very receptive to their message and they have asked Ms. Marlane to appear before themselves annually to keep them abreast on the library. Ms. Marlane stated that she was also invited to Commissioner Cavanaugh’s town hall meeting to discuss the Plan as well. REPORTS 10. Friends of Omaha Public Library – Jeanne Spence (President) President Wang stated that Jeanne Spence was unable to attend the meeting and would send information to the Board at a later time.
Omaha Public Library Foundation – Wendy Townley (Executive Director)
Wendy Townley appeared and stated that there is only one more Board of Trustees Meeting before Omaha Gives on May 23. Ms. Townley stated that the Foundation raised just over $24,000.00 through Omaha Gives, and the Friends participate as well. Ms. Townley stated that a recruitment event is coming up in April for the 1877 Society, a young professional’s group. Ms. Townley also stated that citizens will be voting for the bond issue on May 15, which is quickly approaching. She has been meeting with potential donors, as well as lapsed donors, recently, informing them of what is happening at OPL. President Wang asked Ms. Townley if the Foundation wanted a ‘wish list’ for the new facility, and, if so, how far out. Ms. Townley stated that the Foundation does indeed want a ‘wish list’ from OPL, as it is helpful for donors. Kennedy asked about naming the new branch. He stated that he is on the City Naming Committee, and he knows that if a sizable monetary donation is made, the ‘name’ can be moved up the list. Ms. Townley stated that she does not know the exact amount that will need to be donated to gain naming rights – it will be a percentage. Once the Board and OPL know what the entire project cost is, the dollar amount can be identified. 12.
Director’s Report – Laura Marlane (Executive Director)
Laura Marlane stated that OPL has started working on the 2019 budget. OPL is looking to add another Librarian III to finish off the organizational structure in the Administrative Office. More money will be requested for materials, as well as for additional security at other locations. 13.
Board President’s Report – Carol Wang (President)
President Wang stated that she was called by an Attorney on behalf of a family earlier in the week, asking if the family could turn over seven acres of land to the Board for future growth issues. Herself and Ms. Townley are working together to figure out whether or not the land should be deeded over to the Foundation or to the City for holding, as well as who has to pay for maintenance, etc. President Wang stated that the Board will need to make a recommendation regarding the land, as it cannot be granted to the Board but rather to something, like the Foundation or City. Kennedy asked what the purpose of the land donation was, and President Wang stated that the family was not interested in any naming opportunities. The Board needs to ensure that there is no deed restriction. President Wang noted that she will be speaking with the Attorney soon, but she feels that this transfer will happen yet this year. Portis brought up the question of whether or not infrastructure is at the site already, and President Wang stated that it should not be an issue considering where the site is located. Ms. Peters confirmed that if the land goes to the City, it can be structured so that they leave it in trust for the Library and the Library’s use only for future development and purposes, so long as everyone is very clear. President Wang said that the Attorney asked what her preference was, so further discussion will be occurring. 14.
Library Liaison Reports – Library Trustees None.
PUBLIC INPUT, COMMENTS, AND QUESTIONS President Wang stated that any member of the public may address the Board on a topic of relevance to the Omaha Public Library, after identifying themselves by name and address for public record. Trustees may engage in questions and discussion of any topic presented, but any desired action will be placed on a future agenda. 15.
Input, Comments, and Questions President Wang opened the public comment period on Agenda Item 15. No one spoke, and the public comment period was closed.
EXECUTIVE SESSION 16. The Board may recess and go into Executive Session for the purpose of discussing litigation, personnel issues, and/or any other matter allowed by law. ADJOURNMENT Due to the lack of a quorum, President Wang adjourned the meeting at 5:42 P.M.