Oaktree engages with over 180, 000 youth and supporters across Australia. We are able to do this through our State Branches which lead grassroots actions throughout the nation. The Campaigns team drives our campaigns in SA through engaging in grassroots advocacy and political action. As Campaigns Team Member, you will train and empower a team of young people in high impact campaigning, public engagement, and lobbying to inﬂuence decision makers around creating change for the issue of poverty.
W H O W E A R E LO O K I N G F O R • Someone who is passionate about ending poverty, • A person excited to work in a team of like-minded individuals, • An individual capable of demonstrating strong communication skills and capacity for relationship building • Someone with strong organisation skills. • We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience.
As Campaigns Team Member, a typical day might look like: • Implementing campaigning actions such as recruiting young people to meet with their MP.
W H AT YO U G E T O U T O F I T
• Taking part in phone-banking sessions calling our supporters to gather support for our latest
• Being part of a team of other passionate and like-minded volunteers
• Ongoing training and mentoring for your personal and professional development
• Contacting community groups to gather support on our political campaigns, • Taking part in regular team meetings and one on one meetings with the Campaigns Manager.
We are committed to building a workplace and community that encourages, supports and. values diversity. We want to ensure everyones individuality can thrive, because you’re at your best when you can be yourself. To ﬁnd out how we could support you check out oaktree.org/diversity.
• A wealth of experience in community organising and grassroots campaigning • Make an impact in Australia and globally in the movement to end poverty